Thursday 14 November 2013

Picture of the week- 14th November 2013


Every now and then when trawling through my photo collection (usually looking for something which I remember taking but can not for the life of me remember where or when) I stumble across one of those pictures which you remember being super pleased with at the time. This is one of those pictures. Taken from the towpath of the Grand Union Canal in Harlesdon looking down towards Old Oak Common and North Pole depots. It was my favorite time of day for photos- twilight. Almost as if I had planned it FGW's 57602 then pulled up to the depot reception roads with the empty coaching stock for the Night Riviera Sleeper. There was just time to set up my tripod and camera to get a few snaps before the train disappeared to Paddington to pick it's passengers for the overnight trip to Penzance.
Since this photograph was taken- 24th July 2006- I have often considered re-visiting the location to repeat it- if indeed it is even still possible. Maybe I shouldn't bother. This is still one of those photos that 'just worked'.

No comments:

Post a Comment